Session Six
Sunday, 6th January 2011 (Evening)

Welcome to Rekem, R834, 06/02/2011 18:08 (28)
Getting the sixth session off to a start, I unlocked yet another story trophy. This is where the game starts to get very tricky, with players often having to platform while simultaneously managing the Power of Flow and the Recall ability.

Prince of Wind, R834, 06/02/2011 18:28 (29)
The Whirlwind was one of my least favourite powers, which is why this was one of the later 'Prince of...' trophies that I unlocked, however it wasn't until I upped the power to Level 4 that I realised just how good it is. Level 4 is such a huge step up from Level 3, with the tornado lifting enemies clean off the floor, and either dissolving them into sand in mid-air or throwing them to the ground, ready to be finished off the with the lunge move. My addiction to using this power soon racked up kills, and before long the trophy was mine.

Welcome to Rekem, The_Stacked_Nerd, 06/02/2011 18:28 (28)
I was now a whole 20 minutes behind R834 in term of story progression, but only one trophy down. In my haste, I missed one of the sarcophagi!!! This meant I had to redo the whole story in order to get 'Got Walkthrough', making the competition near impossible to win.

Prince of Earth, The_Stacked_Nerd, 06/02/2011 18:39 (29)
My preferred upgrade - this came unexpectedly and therefore reminded me of the other upgrade trophies. Very quick and easy to accomplish, especially later on in the game. I was hugely thankful for this trophy as it means I had caught back up with R834 again!

Sand Nemesis, R834, 06/02/2011 18:53 (30)
This one for me was hard. My play-style generally consists of rushing into enemies and hurling Power Attacks at them, and setting off Whirlwinds. This, however, has the consequence of me getting injured in the process, and though it's fine for normal gameplay (as you always recoup your health via the skellies' drops), it's not helpful for this trophy. I finally managed to get this by exploiting one of those skellie Spawners, who, if left unharmed, will spawn enemies continuously, and at a slow enough rate for me to avoid me overpowered. After quite a few tries at this, I finally got the trophy and hurried on with the game.

Prince of Water, The_Stacked_Nerd, 06/02/2011 19:08 (30)
This was the hardest of the elemental upgrades to achieve (well, in my opinion anyway). Although attractive, the ice blast was fiddly to use and difficult to pull off accurately against small groups of, or lone, skellies. This wasn't the last upgrade trophy I received, however, as they were all quite easy.

Prince of Water, R834, 06/02/2011 19:13 (31)
My opinion about this power is almost the complete opposite to The_Stacked_Nerd: once upgraded fully this power is very easy to kill with. Simply turn it on, and mash square vaguely in the direction of some enemies - with every strike, a trail of icicles erupt from the floor in the direction of the sword swing, coming up right beneath enemies and damaging them. The kills came quickly at this later stage in the game where hordes of enemies were plentiful.

Prince of Wind, The_Stacked_Nerd, 06/02/2011 19:23 (31)
I tended not to use the whirlwind attack; not because I didn't like it, but simply because I preferred the fire power and Stone Armour. Due to it being a powerful move, it was quite a quickie to achieve though, and was appreciated as it kept me in line with R834, and gave me the last trophy of the session.

Session Seven
Tuesday, 8th January 2011

Power of the Djinn, R834, 08/02/2011 20:17 (32)
Story progression again: the sword becomes very powerful after this, especially if you have opted to upgrade the basic and power sword attacks, and sand skellies are one hit kills, with two fully charged Power Attacks able to take down a Titan.

David and Goliath, R834, 08/02/2011 20:24 (33)
I found performing the Aerial Slash on the Titans very difficult. For some reason, jumping on them just resulted in the Prince falling straight back off, and it took until now, writing this, to realize that I was attempting the move on enemies that weren't even Titans. Somehow I still managed to unlock this, and most of importantly ahead of The_Stacked_Nerd.

Power of the Djinn, The_Stacked_Nerd, 08/02/2011 21:03 (32)
This is a story progression trophy. After the awesome cutscene, the trophy popped into sight. The sword was awesome after that, with one hit kills on skellies, enabling you to take out huge swarms with a few lazy sweeps..

Completist, The_Stacked_Nerd, 08/02/2011 21:18 (33)
After completing the elemental powers, I moved onto the lesser favourited other and, using my excess points I had saved up, achieved Completist before R834! This gave a nice finish to that session as it equalized us both in terms of trophies, although he was still slightly ahead in terms of story progression.

Session Eight
Thursday, 10th January 2011 (Morning)

Completist, R834, 10/02/2011 09:54 (34)
The only trophy earned during this little session was by me for finishing off the upgrade tree. I think I was only one upgrade behind The_Stacked_Nerd when he earned, but it took a little while more for me to unlock nevertheless.

<<Previous Next>>